While group dance instruction does not offer the same personal attention that private lessons do, it does give you the chance to mix and have fun with others, and to practice leading and following a variety of dance partners, which is invaluable experience.
During a class you will have an opportunity to switch partners, which helps your leading or following skills enormously. Some couples do not want to do this: tell the teacher if you prefer not to switch at all (but remember that we do recommend it strongly to help you become a good leader or a responsive follower, which your partner will love.)
- Friendly social interaction.
- Practice leading or following other people.
Call now to register for the next series of classes: 410-828-6116.
Four-Week Survival ™ Courses
This is ideal for an upcoming wedding or other social event that you need to survive! It’s our basic introductory ballroom course. The title was suggested by the many calls we have received over the years from people saying, “I just need to be able to survive this wedding/dance party/ company Christmas dance/bar mitzvah/gala/etc.” Many wedding couples, or their parents, relatives, or friends take this course to get through that event.
One night a week, four weeks in a row (with holiday exceptions).
(includes free admission to 4 dance parties for extra practice!)
BALLROOM SURVIVAL COURSE (Basic Social Dance) – 3 dances
|Waltz, Foxtrot, Swing|
BALLROOM SURVIVAL COURSE (Basic Social Dance) – 2 dances
|**Tango Argentino||Tuesdays||7 – 8 p.m.||starts first Tue. of ea. month|
|East Coast Swing||Tuesdays||7 – 8 p.m.||starts first Tue. of ea. month|
|Salsa||Tuesdays||7 – 8 p.m.||starts first Tue. of ea. month|
|Salsa||Wednesdays||7 – 8 p.m.||starts first Wed. of ea. month|
|Ballroom & Latin Mix||Wednesdays||7 – 8 p.m.||Description|
|Latin Mix – Rumba/Cha Cha/Samba||Tuesdays||7 – 8 p.m.||Starts first Tue. of ea. month|
For printer friendly version click here.
- Dance lessons are one night a week, four weeks in a row.
- Please, call to reserve space for the class in which you are interested. Holidays may affect the schedule: please call for details.
- Take $5 off if you prepay before the starting date.
- Free for you if you bring 3 friends who are new to the studio.
- Above times are for level 1 (beginners) except where noted.
- Call studio for times for levels 2 and 3.
- **Tango classes – we encourage you to come with a partner.
- Click here for information on enrollment period.
- Private lessons are available Monday through Sunday, 10am – 10pm, if you would prefer individual attention.
- Groups are four-week courses, not drop-in classes because they are progressive. That means that each week’s material builds on the previous weeks’. This is the best way to learn!
- We welcome singles in our group classes.